Thanks to …. everyone who helped to make the Christmas Craft & Bake Sale that was held on November 4th, 2017 a successful day!
Eldad U.C. and Hampton U.C. together form the two-point charge called the “Eldad/Hampton Pastoral Charge” of The United Church of Canada.
Eldad United Church is located at 1848 Concession Rd. 6 (at the corner of Conc. Rd. 6 & Werry Rd.), Solina, ON.
Built in 1855, this church replaced a smaller wooden one. Continue reading “Eldad United Church”
Aerial View of the new roof
You may have noticed the construction activity at Hampton church that took place back in October-November 2016.
The sanctuary received a much needed new roof.
The asbestos shingles and two chimneys were removed and a synthetic underlayment and a new metal roof was installed.
The community of Hampton, like many others, is rich in memories of the joys and sorrows of the pioneers who laid the foundation of our village.
But like anything that has been standing for over 100 years–major restorations sometimes need to be made.
Construction on the Hampton United Church started on May 7, 1874, when the Honourable Senator John Simpson laid the first cornerstone. The property once was the site of a hotel, but that building was relocated across the street and moved North and exists today as a house.
The community celebrated the opening of the Church in February with morning, afternoon and evening services, as well as a dinner that cost a total of 75 cents per person! Continue reading “1874 – Construction Begins”