Eldad – Hampton Pastoral Charge of
the United Church of Canada.
Lay Leader: Shawn Pearce-Chambers
Choir: Neil Killens
Music Director: Jennifer Pearce-Chambers
Livestreaming: Shawn Pearce-Chambers
March 7th, 2021 Third Sunday of Lent
Upcoming Live Service will appear her on Sunday at 11 a.m.
People’s responses are in bold type.
Song titles, are also links to lyrics (if available).
We Gather In Praise
One: We gather together, seeking life in all its fullness.
All: We gather in God’s name, longing for what is real and true.
One: We gather, drawn by the words of our Creator and Redeemer.
All: We gather to worship our Lord, who is worthy of all glory and praise. AMEN.
Call To Worship (Unison)
Almighty God, you have set the whirling cosmos in motion and called all creatures into being. All that exists speaks of your majesty, yet no detail misses your care and attention. You know each of us by name, and make yourself known to those who seek you. Your wisdom delights the human heart and purifies the soul. We gather to enjoy your presence with us, and to listen for your Word for our times and our lives. God, our Creator, Redeemer and Sustainer, to you alone all worship, honour and glory are due, this day and every day, now and always. AMEN.
Life & Work of the Community Of Faith
Hearing the Good News
Prayer of Confession (unison)
God of majesty and mercy, we are aware that you are present here and everywhere, drawing near to us. Yet we confess we are often distracted from your presence. Many things compete for our attention. We are tempted to seek things that cannot truly satisfy. We envy those who are successful in the world’s terms, and so pursue our own desires, without questioning the cost to the earth or those in need. Forgive us, O God. Send us the Holy Spirit to awaken us to your purposes and pursue them
with renewed commitment, for the sake of Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.
Word of Assurance
We Encounter God’s Word
Scriptures (NIV – New International Version)
Reader: The word of the Lord.
People: Thanks be to God.
Anthem: “In Christ Alone” by Keith Getty and Stuart Townend
Message: “True Worship”
We Respond With Prayer & Thanksgiving
Prayer For The Gifts & Givers
Prayers Of The People
The Lord’s Prayer (unison)
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil; for thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.
Closing Hymn: VU #149 When I Survey the Wondrous Cross
Go now in peace. Never be afraid.
God will go with you each hour of every day.
Go now in faith, steadfast, strong and true.
Know He will guide you in all you do.
Go now in love, and show you believe.
Reach out to others so all the world can see.
God will be there watching from above.
Go now in peace, in faith, and in love.
* Service Elements: https://presbyterian.ca/2021/02/22/third-sunday-in-lent-march-7/
* Hearing the Good News Story: https://www1.cbn.com/700club/steve-friskup-drinking-mans-salvation
* How to Pray: https://www.crosswalk.com/faith/prayer/how-to-pray.html
* Sermon: https://www.standrewsenfield.com/index.php/11-sermons/254-john-2-13-22-true-worship
* Go Now in Peace. Words by Don Besig and Nancy Price. Music by Don Besig. © Copyright MCMLXXXVIII, Harold Flammer, Inc. All Rights reserved. ONE LICENSE, License #A-727078
Worship Service Archive:
Hampton United Church
Rooted in Faith
Growing in Love
At Hampton United Church you will find a community that cherishes the history of this community and the heritage that has been passed on to us. We work to honour the wisdom of our foremothers and fathers, while also responding to the challenges of our ever-changing world. We recognize that people coming to our church are at different places on their spiritual journeys. The ministry of our church is focused on creating a space so that wherever you may be on your journey you can find others to learn and grow with.
Weekly worship services see above. Join us Sundays at 11 a.m for “live” online services, posted above.
“Five Great Reasons to Attend This Sunday”
- You’ve been looking for a sign from God. Here is it!
- Worship and Prayer reduce stress and brings us closer together with our loved ones. Who doesn’t want that?
- You’ve been saying you want to make new friends and here are a bunch of people who want the same thing.
- You realize life is more than work, and sense a spiritual side of yourself that needs some attention.
- Who doesn’t like free coffee and donuts? We’re all seeking grace, forgiveness, and greater meaning. Sometimes God gets things started with a Timbit.