Eldad – Hampton Pastoral Charge of
the United Church of Canada.
Lay Worship Leader: Shawn Pearce-Chambers
Choir: Neil Killens
Music Director: Jennifer Pearce-Chambers
Livestreaming: Shawn Pearce-Chambers
June 27th, 2021 Fifth Sunday after Pentecost
“Live” feed will be posted here on Sunday at 11 a.m.
For previous services click here.
People’s responses are in bold type.
Song titles, are also links to lyrics (if available).
We Gather In Praise
Sing: VU #524 O Canada
One: Out of the depths we cry to the Lord.
All: We wait for the Lord and find hope in God’s Word.
One: Hope in the Lord!
All: For with God there is steadfast love.
One: With God there is great power to redeem.
All: So we come to offer our prayers and praise to God in whom we trust. AMEN
Great and holy God, source of our life and all life, your glory is incomprehensible and your majesty infinite. You are the wellspring of new life and the fountain of true freedom. We marvel at your love, beyond all measure; we are challenged by your kindness which reaches further than we can imagine. We worship you in gratitude, offering you our praise with the voices of all creation, and our trust because you have come too close to us in Christ Jesus. Receive our love and loyalty, now and always, offered through the Spirit who prays within us. AMEN
Great and merciful God, our judge and our hope, We confess we have sinned against you and one another, in the ways we think, the things we say and the things we do. We have been quick to judge others, but less critical of our own actions. We focus on what we lack rather than recognize how blessed we are. We ignore the needs of others and fail to see how we could make a difference. In your tender mercy, O God, forgive what we have been, amend what we are, and direct who we shall become, through the grace of Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.
Reader: The word of the Lord.
People: Thanks be to God.
Anthem: “Fly Away Medley”
Message: “What Grieves You?”
We Respond With Prayer & Thanksgiving
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil; for thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.
Closing Hymn: VU #352 Dance Then, Wherever You May Be
Go now in peace. Never be afraid.
God will go with you each hour of every day.
Go now in faith, steadfast, strong and true.
Know He will guide you in all you do.
Go now in love, and show you believe.
Reach out to others so all the world can see.
God will be there watching from above.
Go now in peace, in faith, and in love.
* Service Elements: https://presbyterian.ca/2021/06/17/fifth-sunday-after-pentecost-june-27/
* Sermon: “What Grieves You?” https://www.wayofgracechurch.com/sermons/sermon/2013-03-24/what-grieves-you–ii-samuel-1:17-27-
* Benediction: https://re-worship.blogspot.com/2012/07/benediction-psalm-130.html
* Go Now in Peace. Words by Don Besig and Nancy Price. Music by Don Besig. © Copyright MCMLXXXVIII, Harold Flammer, Inc. All Rights reserved. ONE LICENSE, License #A-727078
Worship Service Archive:
Archive includes previous four services only.
Here is the link to those – Archived Services
All recorded services, prior to that, can still be viewed on Eldad’s Facebook.
Hampton United Church
Rooted in Faith
Growing in Love
At Hampton United Church you will find a community that cherishes the history of this community and the heritage that has been passed on to us. We work to honour the wisdom of our foremothers and fathers, while also responding to the challenges of our ever-changing world. We recognize that people coming to our church are at different places on their spiritual journeys. The ministry of our church is focused on creating a space so that wherever you may be on your journey you can find others to learn and grow with.
Weekly worship services see above. Join us Sundays at 11 a.m for “live” online services, posted above.
“Five Great Reasons to Attend This Sunday”
- You’ve been looking for a sign from God. Here is it!
- Worship and Prayer reduce stress and brings us closer together with our loved ones. Who doesn’t want that?
- You’ve been saying you want to make new friends and here are a bunch of people who want the same thing.
- You realize life is more than work, and sense a spiritual side of yourself that needs some attention.
- Who doesn’t like free coffee and donuts? We’re all seeking grace, forgiveness, and greater meaning. Sometimes God gets things started with a Timbit.