Eldad United Church
1848 Concession Rd 6
Eldad U.C. and Hampton U.C. together form the two-point charge called the “Eldad/Hampton Pastoral Charge” of The United Church of Canada.
Eldad United Church is located at 1848 Concession Rd. 6 (at the corner of Conc. Rd. 6 & Werry Rd.), Solina, ON.
Eldad U.C. – Heritage
Built in 1855, this church replaced a smaller wooden one.
The basement and a porch were added in 1928.
12 beautiful stained-glass memorial windows (pictured) dedicated in the name of different pioneer families significant in the life of the church, a domed ceiling of dark birch panels, new hardwood floors and new dark oak pews were among the 1948 renovations.
Many of the village’s groups meet at the Church throughout the week.
One of minstries of the church is the United Church Women (UCW).
Was established in 1962 with the encouragement of Rev. Fred Reid’s wife Anne. Rev. Reid was the minister at the time.
In 2012, the UCW at Eldad celebrated 50 years of community, church and world mission contributions. This active group of women recently recognized 8 of the original 17 charter members who still come out to monthly meetings, take part in worship and programming, and play the significant role of serving others. Many of these ladies have direct family ties to the pioneer families who settled the Solina area. The ladies honoured included Doreen Westlake, Marion Broome, Doris Hills, Mary Millson, Lois Yellowlees, Jessie Tink, Loraine Knox, and Joyce Taylor.